Gemco Magnetic DC Shoe Brakes
- DC Operation
- Spring Applied, Electrically Released Brakes
- AISE Rated
- 4 1/2”-30” Diameter
- 15-9000 lbs./ft. Torque
- Series or Shunt Coils
- Asbestos Free Brake Linings
- Rectifiers for AC Operation
- Self-Centering (TMSC Style)
- Hand Release
- Hydraulic Over-Ride
- Limit Switches
- Epoxy coatings
TM DC Brakes
Shunt or Series Wound
- Mechanically independent brake coils that can be removed without releasing the brake shoes. Single coil operation is possible for a short-time in case of an emergency.
- Twin-magnet coils are epoxy-encapsulated for permanent protection against water, grease, oil, dust, chemicals, and mechanical impact (TM43 and TM63 have single coils).
- The brake shoe travel indicator provides a positive visual check of lining wear for quick maintenance and inspection.
- Cast iron brake shoes are lined with long wearing molded linings and are self-aligning.
- Utilized tie rod-and-spring assembly facilitates shoe replacement.
- Over-the-wheel tie rod is a simple, easily accessible linkage, permitting all adjustments from the top. Standard Gemco TM style brakes have two easy adjustments for spring tension and lining wear.
- TMSC style brakes have a single point adjustment for spring tension and lining wear.
- If required, the brake can be released manually.